Since time immortal, gemstones are worn to obtain relieve from burning problems of our life. Which gemstone to wear and which to avoid is purely dependent on the placement of planets in our horoscope. Lord Saturn is known to govern our nerves and thus He has a strong influence on our patience levels, discipline, and our restrictive behaviours.
The Blue Sapphire or Neelam gemstone draws direct influences from this planet. This is a very hard gemstone and it is believed that it has two extremes – either it proves to be highly beneficial or does extreme harm to its wearer. In fact, it is even believed that this gemstone is a tough taskmaster and teaches its wearer patience and perseverance. Thus, it is highly recommended that a Blue sapphire or Neelam gemstone is worn after doing a thorough analysis with an astrologer and the actual wearing period should start after a trial period of wearing is completed.
This trial period consists of keeping the Blue sapphire (Neelam) under the pillow while sleeping or wrapping it around the arm for a couple of days before actually starting to wear it. In case, the Blue sapphire (Neelam) is not suiting you it will give you bad dreams at night, change color, or just crack and you will suddenly start to feel that you are getting engulfed in a series of problems.
Who should wear the Neelam stone and who shouldn’t
• An Aries native should wear the Blue sapphire (Neelam) only when Saturn‘s major period is underway. Individuals for whom Saturn is placed in the 2nd, 7th, 10th, and 11th house can try and wear this gemstone.
• A Taurus ascendant in whose charts Saturn is placed in the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 9th, 10th, or 11th house can wear the Neelam stone with confidence.
• For a Gemini, the wearing of the Blue Sapphire should be evaluated thoroughly since Saturn holds one auspicious and one inauspicious house of this native. When Saturn is placed in the 1st, 4th, 5th, 9th, or 10th house, the Blue Sapphire (Neelam) stone can be worn after a three days trial period.
• Saturn is not an auspicious planet for a Cancer native but if it is placed in the correct houses it gives spirituality, occult knowledge and benefits from partnerships. The auspicious houses are 4th, 7th, and 11th.
• Everybody is aware of the hostility between Saturn and Sun – the ruler of Leo. The Neelam gemstone should be considered by this native only when Saturn is placed in the 3rd, 6th, 7th, 10th, and 11th house.
• Saturn is a neutral planet for the Virgo descendant and they should adorn the Blue Sapphire only when Saturn holds a favorable position in the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 9th, 10th or 11th house.
• Saturn is a very favorable and powerful planet for a Libra native. Those individuals for whom Saturn is placed in the 1st, 4th, 5th, or 9th house should wear the Neelam gemstone to augment their fate and fortune.
• Saturn does not favor the sun sign Scorpio. Thus, these people should wear this gemstone only during the Saturn major period after consulting an astrologer.
• A Sagittarius can try a Blue Sapphire when Saturn is placed in the 2nd, 6th, 9th, 10th, and 11th house.
• Those Capricorns in whose charts Saturn is placed in the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 9th, and 10th house can try wearing the Neelam gemstone.
• Saturn is the Lord of the Aquarian sun sign. Thus, they can wear this gemstone when Saturn is placed in the 1st, 4th, 5th, 9th or 11th house.
• A Pisces ascendant can try the Blue Sapphire (Neelam) gemstone only when Saturn is placed in the 3rd, 4th, 10th or 11th house.