Evolution of Tarot Cards
History says Tarot cards came into use for the first time in 1391. Eventually during the fifteenth century, it became popular throughout the Europe. Initially Tarot cards were used for a simple kind of game. The pack consisted of four suits with numbers from one to en in each suits. In addition, there were the cards of king, queen, knight and page. Starting from the year 1781, occultists and mystics started feeling that the figures in these cards have a deeper meaning. When great fires swallowed the huge volume of books in the Egyptian libraries, Tarot cards were the only things that survived the accident.
Understanding Tarot Cards
Tarot deck cards consists of 78 cards and can be divided into two types namely the Trump cards (set of 21 and the Fool) and the second set consisting of 56 cards (four suits of 14 cards each named as Swords, Batons, Coins and Cups). During the modern times, the Batons are known as Wands and the Coins are called as Pentacles.
Those who use these cards for divination purposes call these sets as Major arcana and Minor arcana. The 14 cards in each of the suits consist of an Ace, numbered cards from 2 to 10 and four court cards namely the King, the Queen, the Knight and the Page.
What Tarot Cards Convey?
Tarot cards never predict the future of a person. They enable a person to come in touch with his inner self and assist him in taking the right decision.
There are two kinds of readings in Tarot cards namely the open reading and the questions reading. Open reading is concerned with the larger aspects of your life and therefore do not answer any specific questions. When you enter a new phase in your life, open reading is done. For instance, when you are in the verge of getting married or starting a business, you can depend on open reading. While question readings are exclusively focused, they do not say what is right and wrong. They only guide you to take the decision in the right way. While questioning during Tarot reading, you must be specific, subjective and focused without giving too many details.
Steps for Tarot Reading
1. Do these following steps to know how tarot cards work or read.
2. Formulate the question you want to ask.
3. Relax completely and turn inward.
4. Voice your statement loudly.
5. Ask the question from your memory.
6. Open your eyes and shuffle the cards well.
7. After shuffling enough, place the cards in front of you in a way the shorter edge is closest to you. Cut the deck.
8. When you feel you have shuffled long enough, stop and place the cards face down in front of you with the short edge closest to you.
9. Cut the deck now.
10. Focus on the message of the card and do not try to interpret it too much putting in your fancies.
11. Reflect on what you learnt from the session and thank your inner mind for the experience you had.