Ketu is an imaginary but powerful planet in Hindu astrology. It is the south node of the moon and mythological known as the “Tail of the Dragon”. It is always associated with mystery, spiritual detachment, liberation, crafty thinking etc. Ideally Ketu is the maker of psychopaths and serial killers but can also support in the making of famous personalities such as magicians and investigators.
Ketu is a shadow planet and is not very effective in the 4th house. It acts as an enemy for the ruler of moon of the 4th house. The 4th house in the horoscope belongs to the mother and since Ketu is a malefic planet, it is not considered good for mothers in general. If Ketu is placed on the negative side of the 4th house, mothers may be detached from their offspring or it may cause separation between a child and a mother.
Effects of Ketu in 4th House
Effect of Ketu on the moon may result in spiritual bent of the native. When Ketu is placed in the 4th house, individuals may be forced to leave their native place and move to a foreign land. This position of the Ketu symbolizes the loss of property and can make a person aggressive towards others. As discussed earlier, it has negative effects on mothers and may affect the relationship between a child and mother. It causes the deterioration of health and longevity of mothers. Likewise, there remains a void with regards to the domestic happiness and mental peace of the native and the person has to face a lot of issue with their family and friends.
However, there may be some positive effects of Ketu’s position in the 4th house. It may lead to the succession of property inherited by mother. The individual starts investing in charities and socially active. The individual will become financially sound and this will attract others to take advice from the native.
Remedies for ill effects of Ketu in 4th House
- Since its malefic nature, Ketu placements are always feared by astrologers and horoscope readers. There are various tips and methods used by astrologers to avoid the negative effects of this shadow planet.
- The native should offer yellow flowers in water and start wearing silver in any form to bring in the positive effects of Ketu.
- They should always be mindful about their physical health and take good care of digestive systems.
- Dogs are a strong holder of the Ketu planet which means that individuals must take good care of dogs or keep them as pets.
- Individuals must also donate two blankets to the poor on every Wednesday or Sunday and mustard oil on Saturdays.
- Adopting the guidance of a guru is also recommended to avoid the negative effects of Ketu and strengthen the spirituality.
- Although the above remedies can be helpful in subsiding or negating the effects of Ketu it may vary depending on different individuals and their personality types. In order to cure a disease, it is always recommended to visit a doctor, likewise, if we want 100% authentic cure, we must always consult an astrologer before adopting any methodology.