Lord Dhanvantri is one of the most popular manifestations of Lord Vishnu. Lord Dhanvantri emanated from the milky ocean when the gods and demons churned it in pursuit of the immortal nectar. Lord Dhanvantri is considered the Father of Ayurveda medicine. He is the ultimate healer and the most benevolent Lord who removes all fears and diseases from the face of humanity. Chanting some of the most powerful mantras of Lord Dhanvantri will help alleviate the sufferings of humans and promote happiness and prosperity.
Lord Dhanvantri Mantra
„Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaaya Dhanvantaraye Amrita-kalasha Hastaaya
Sarva-amaya Vinashaaya Trailokya Naathaya Dhanvantri Maha-vishnave Namaha.”
I bow down to Lord Dhanvantri, the Lord with four hands carrying a conch, discuss a leech and a pot of immortal nectar. In his heart shines a pleasing and brilliant blaze of light. The light is also seen shining around his head and beautiful lotus eyes. His divine play destroys all diseases like a blazing forest fire.
Dhanvantri Gayatri Mantra
“Om tat purushaaya vidmahae Amritha kalasa hastaaya dheemahi
Tanno Dhanvantri prachodayaat.”
Dhanvantri Gayatri Mantra Meaning:
I meditate upon Lord Dhanvantri who is the Supreme Being and holds a pot of immortal nectar in the hands. May the Lord dispel the darkness of ignorance and light the lamp of wisdom in my heart.
Lord Dhanvantri Popular Mantra
“Namani Dhanwanthary Aadi Devam , Surasura Vanditham Pada Padmam, Loke Jara Rugbhay Mrityu Nashakam , Datharam Eesham Vividhaushadhinam”
Lord Dhanvantri Mantra Meaning:
O Lord, I bow down in front of you. You are worshipped by both gods and demons. Your divine powers bless the people of this world and bring them out of sufferings, diseases, ailments, oldness and fear of death. Oh Lord, give me your medicines and blessings in abundance to remedy the sickness confronting the humanity.
How to Chant Dhanvantri Mantras
• The best time to chant this mantra is before and during sunrise.
• Take bath and use a lotus bead or crystal rosary to keep the mantra chanting count.
• The mantra can also be chanted to heal those people who are sick.
• Chant the mantra in multiples of 108 and increase the count as the days go by.
• Donate medicines and food to the needy and poor. This act of kindness will enhance the power of the mantra chanting.
The Benefits of Chanting Dhanvantri Mantras
• Chanting Dhanvantri mantra helps in improving the vitality and energy levels in humans. It also helps attain the natural state of well-being.
• This mantra can remove the mental fears and all kinds of afflictions thereby promoting a clear vision.
• Whenever the mantra is chanted, its divine energies touch you and work on your body, mind and soul with a healing touch. The more it is chanted, the more is its positive and healing effects.
• Incurable diseases are cured with the chanting of Dhanvantri mantras. When the diseases are lingering for years, this mantra can help attain the natural remedy within a very short time of commencing the mantra chanting regime.
• Diseases of all kinds both physical and mental are cured by this mantra. The ultimate benefit of this mantra is the grant of liberation.