Rahu Ketu Peyarchi 2017
Rahu and Ketu Peyarchi or transition
Once in every 18 months, we come across the most important astrological event namely Rahu and Ketu Peyarchi or transition. This year, Rahu and Ketu transition happens on 18 August 2017 during when Rahu enters Cancer and Ketu enters Capricorn. They will remain in this position until March 8, 2019.
In astrology, Rahu and Ketu are called as nodal or shadow planets and are also grouped under inauspicious planets. They can pronounce strong effects on the houses they occupy. They are also called karmic planets since they make people reap the effects of their past deeds whether good or bad.
Characteristics of Rahu and Ketu
Astrology says Rahu brings about interests in worlds comforts, materialistic objectives, luxuries and wealth related aspects of life while Ketu directs an individual towards spirituality and moves him in the path of enlightenment.
On 18th August 2017, Rahu moves to the sign Cancer which is ruled by the Moon. On the other hand, Ketu will move to the sign Capricorn which is ruled by Saturn. Rahu transits in the stars Ashlesha, Pushya and Punarvasu and Ketu transits to the stars Dhanishta, Shravana and Uttarashada.
The effects of Rahu Ketu transition
During their stay of 18 months, Rahu and Ketu will be bringing mixed results. Ketu is transiting to the house of unfriendly planets and Rahu will be transiting to the house ruled by friendly planets. Therefore, on the whole, we see good results in the matters of prosperity, comfortable life, career development and spiritual growth. On the other hand, if people indulge in material comforts and pleasures too much, they shall become over confident and miss their targets landing on the pit of failure.
General remedies for malefic Rahu
• Chant Shiv mantra ‘Om Namasivaya’ and Maha Mrityunjaya mantra to please Lord Shiva who can control Rahu.
• Chant Rahu mantra “Om Bhram Bhreem Bhroum Sah Rahway Namah”
• Donate items like sesame seeds, black color blankets, and blue colored clothes preferably near Shiva temple on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
• Wear silver either as a chain or ring the way you want.
• Give food to a black dog regularly to alleviate the sufferings due to Rahu transition.
• Worship Lord Bhairav in temples and do abhishek to him.
• Worship Lord Shiva regularly and also wear a 8 faced Rudraksha
General remedies for malefic Ketu
• Ketu is often described as the planet of denial. This will mean that you will be deprived of the things represented by the houses through which Ketu is moving.
• Chant the Ketu mantra “Om Stram Streem Stroum Sah Ketway Namah”
• Lord Ganesh can help escape the ill-effects of Ketu. Therefore, worshipping him is the surest way to escape the problems created by Ketu.
• Donate ash coloured cloth, coconuts and seven types of grains to people.
• Do fasting on Thursdays and worship Lord Ganesh in temples regularly or by doing puja at home.
• 9 Mukhi Rudraksha is the most suitable remedy you can wear to alleviate the troubles due to malefic Ketu.
• Donate multi-coloured blankets on Saturdays