Since ages, Mahabhog or mahaprasad has been offered to Lord Jagannath every day. According to the beliefs, Mahaprasad is “Aanna Brahma” whereby Lord Jagannath bestows his devotees by allowing them to participate in the Mahaprasad.
On the auspicious eve of Jagannath Puri Rath Yatra, Astrospeak has brought you an opportunity to seek blessings of Lord Jagannath by participating in Mahabhog. Now, you can participate in Mahabhog for all the 9 days, which include all the 6 offerings made to Lord Jagannath in a day.
It is believed that divine flavour is imparted to the Mahabhog and it becomes blessed when offered to Lord Jagannath and Goddess Bimla.
What is Mahabhog?
Mahabhog is a term applied to the 56 food items, which are offered to Lord Jagannath in the temple of Puri. The offerings include:
1. Gopala Vallabha Bhoga: This is the first offering made to the Lord Jagannath in the morning, i.e. breakfast.
2. Sakala Dhupa: This is the next offering made to Lord at 10 AM. This consists of 12 items including Enduri cake and Mantha puli.
3. Mandapa Bhoga: offered in the noon, this bhog was introduced by Adi Shankaracharya in the 8th century. This offering consists of Pakhala with Dahi and Kanji payas. The offerings are made in the Mandapa, which is about 200 feet from the Ratna Vedi
4. Madhyanha Dhupa: This is the next form of Prasad, which is offered next in the noon.
5. Sandhya Dhupa: This is the offering made to Lord Jagannath in the evening around 8.00 PM.
6. Bada Simhara Bhoga: This is the last offering, which is made to Lord Jagannath in a day.
You can seek tremendous benefits by offering Mahabhog for complete 9 days at Jagannath Puri. Few are:
• It ensures that all your sins are absolved
• It brings prosperity in your life
• It uplifts your soul and end the cycle of life and death
• It purifies your mind and soul
• It ensures success in every sphere of life
• It restores good health of you and of your family
• It offers protection from all kind of evils and paranormal
• It speed up the spiritual progress of an individual
• The soul of the devotees gets purified.
• It helps the devotee to achieve salvation (Moksha)
Our representative will do the offerings on your behalf. Once the offering is completed, we will courier you the Prasad through courier.Prasad will include:
• Energised thread from Jagannath Puri (tie this around your neck or wrist for 21 days to seek divine blessings)
• Picture of Shri Jagannath ji
• Mahaprasad from Jagannath Puri
Astrospeak/Times Internet Limited neither represents the temple authorities or its trustees nor are the manufacturer/seller of Prasad products, but is solely a platform which connects you with certain individuals who shall perform donation(‘Service’) on your behalf. Accordingly, Astrospeak/Times Internet Limited makes no representation or warranties of any kind express or implied as to the execution of the orders or the quality or delivery of Service.
To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Astrospeak/Times Internet Limited disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to the warranties of quality, service on fitness for a particular purpose.