Jagannath Temple is one of the char dhams in India, and is dedicated to Lord Jagannath. Lord Jagannath is believed to be an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, and is popularly known as Darubrahma, which means Godhead manifestation in the modern image.
In Jagannath Puri, every day God is served with special food, known as Mahabhog, which is later distributed among the devotees as Prasad. This Prasad is considered by spiritual and purifying. On the auspicious eve of Jagannath Puri Rath Yatra, which begins on June 25th and commences on July 3rd, Astrospeak has brought you an opportunity to participate in Mahabhog for 5 days, in all the 6 offerings made to Lord Jagannath everyday.What is Mahabhog?
Mahabhog is a term applied to the 56 food items, which are offered to Lord Jagannath in the temple of Puri. The offerings include:
1. Gopala Vallabha Bhoga: This is the first offering made to the Lord Jagannath in the morning, i.e. breakfast.
2. Sakala Dhupa: This is the next offering made to Lord at 10 AM. This consists of 12 items including Enduri cake and Mantha puli.
3. Mandapa Bhoga: offered in the noon, this bhog was introduced by Adi Shankaracharya in the 8th century. This offering consists of Pakhala with Dahi and Kanji payas. The offerings are made in the Mandapa, which is about 200 feet from the Ratna Vedi
4. Madhyanha Dhupa: This is the next form of Prasad, which is offered next in the noon.
5. Sandhya Dhupa: This is the offering made to Lord Jagannath in the evening around 8.00 PM.
6. Bada Simhara Bhoga: This is the last offering, which is made to Lord Jagannath in a day.
Benefits of Participate in Mahabhog for 5 days at Jagannath Puri during the auspicious eve of Jagannath Rath Yatra are:
• It ensures that all your sins are absolved
• It brings prosperity in your life
• It uplifts your soul and end the cycle of life and death
• It purifies your mind and soul
• It ensures success in every sphere of life
• It restores good health of you and of your family
• It offers protection from all kind of evils and paranormal
This offering will be done by our representative on your behalf. Even Prasad will also be couriered to you on the address provided at the time of booking the service.
The Prasad will include:
• Energised thread from Jagannath Puri (tie this around your neck or wrist for 21 days to seek divine blessings)
• Picture of Shri Jagannath ji
• Mahaprasad from Jagannath Puri
Astrospeak/Times Internet Limited neither represents the temple authorities or its trustees nor are the manufacturer/seller of Prasad products, but is solely a platform which connects you with certain individuals who shall perform donation(‘Service’) on your behalf. Accordingly, Astrospeak/Times Internet Limited makes no representation or warranties of any kind express or implied as to the execution of the orders or the quality or delivery of Service.
To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Astrospeak/Times Internet Limited disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to the warranties of quality, service on fitness for a particular purpose.