Rath Yatra, a nine-day festival, is one of the most awaited festivals of Hindus. This yatra begins on the 2nd day of the Shukla Paksha in the month of Asadh, the 3rd month, according to the lunar calendar of India. According to Gorgerin calendar, it is being observed from 25th June to 2nd July. This festival honours the Lord Jagannath’ s visit to the temple of Queen Gundicha.
On this auspicious eve of Puri Rath Yatra, seek the blessings of Lord Vishnu. For this, Astrospeak brings you an opportunity to participate in the Mahabhog offered to Lord Jagannath. In this service, we let you participate in the Mahabhog for 1 day, i.e. all the 6 offerings made to the God.What is Mahabhog?
Mahabhog is a term applied to the 56 food items, which are offered to Lord Jagannath in the temple of Puri. The offerings include:
1. Gopala Vallabha Bhoga: This is the first offering made to the Lord Jagannath in the morning, i.e. breakfast.
2. Sakala Dhupa: This is the next offering made to Lord at 10 AM. This consists of 12 items including Enduri cake and Mantha puli.
3. Mandapa Bhoga: offered in the noon, this bhog was introduced by Adi Shankaracharya in the 8th century. This offering consists of Pakhala with Dahi and Kanji payas. The offerings are made in the Mandapa, which is about 200 feet from the Ratna Vedi
4. Madhyanha Dhupa: This is the next form of Prasad, which is offered next in the noon.
5. Sandhya Dhupa: This is the offering made to Lord Jagannath in the evening around 8.00 PM.
6. Bada Simhara Bhoga: This is the last offering, which is made to Lord Jagannath in a day.
There are many benefits of participating in the Mahabhog offered to Lord Jagannath. Few are:
• With the blessings of Lord Jagannath, the spiritual progress of an individual is speeded.
• The soul of the devotees gets purified.
• The devotees seek the blessings of Lord Jagannath and gets close to achieving Moksha.
Please Note that these offerings will be made to Lord Jagannath by a representative on your behalf. Once our representative returns from the Puri after making the offerings on your behalf, Prasad will be couriered to you on the address provided. Prasad will include:
• Energised thread from Jagannath Puri (tie this around your neck or wrist for 21 days to seek divine blessings)
• Picture of Shri Jagannath ji
• Mahaprasad from Jagannath Puri
Astrospeak/Times Internet Limited neither represents the temple authorities or its trustees nor are the manufacturer/seller of Prasad products, but is solely a platform which connects you with certain individuals who shall perform donation(‘Service’) on your behalf. Accordingly, Astrospeak/Times Internet Limited makes no representation or warranties of any kind express or implied as to the execution of the orders or the quality or delivery of Service.
To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Astrospeak/Times Internet Limited disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to the warranties of quality, service on fitness for a particular purpose.